Thursday, September 17, 2009

I am alive and so are you

I was awakened this morning by a single bird singing and as I ran on my morning run I thought about this bird and how it signified a wonderful thing- I am alive! How often do we forget about this fact, take it for granted, when it is the most important thing we have. This life. As I run on my favorite fire road I see tree after tree - they have been there for a long time. They have been viewed by so many people. How many times you have passed a tree, thinking about what is wrong in your life, thinking about your problems and forgot to look at the most important thing... your life...your aliveness. Go outside today and find a tree, any tree, it doesn't matter and see the tree, its leaves, any birds on the tree, and think- It is life and I am alive. I do this often and it grounds me and places me in the present moment. Try it.